Monday, March 17, 2008

Young Frankenstein





The final Mel Brooks movie that my group watched was the comic interpretation on the classic Frankenstein movie (a horror movie in its day) Young Frankenstein. This movie wasn't as funny as the previous movies we watched by Mr. Brooks, Spaceballs, and Robin hood Men in Tights, but it still was entertaining enough o keep my attention.

Sadly enough it took until this movie to even realize that Mel Brooks pretty much just write parade movies based on other successes. But the weird part is the braking the 4th wall scene in Young Frankenstein seemed out of place to me and lacked the comic effect that they were intended to cause.

Plus, I know the acting was suppose to be corny like the Abby Normal joke, and have things overdone but still i felt if that was toned down and the jokes were relevant then I feel the movie could have been much greater. The one character I did find funny was the Igor the henchman, the clearly sick minded and crude humor reminded me of a young me.

But that is just my opinion, the movie was a success so it must have something going for it it missed.

No comments: